BARMING PRE-SCHOOL & PRIMARY SCHOOL PLAN ON A PAGE 2023-24
Leadership & Management
Quality of Education
Behaviour and Attitudes
- Mathematics follows the mastery approach, while ensuring appropriate adaptation of the curriculum to better outcomes.
- English – the writing process is adapted to better outcomes.
Pupils talk confidently about their knowledge and understanding of subjects, know where they are and what they need to do to improve.
The streamlined curriculum meets the needs of all pupils to:
- learn what they need to and be prepared for the next phase of their education.
- free up time to ensure wellbeing time.
- Pre-School has effective planning opportunities to enrich learning thus supporting progress to Reception.
- Reception outside and inside provision provides enrichment for all 7 areas of learning – focusing on the interests of the pupils and ensures that all pupils make good progress towards achieving a Good Level of Development.
Through better wellbeing opportunities – outcomes for all pupils improve and are at least in line with National expectations.
New School Behaviour Policy is embedded and monitored to ensure behaviour and attitudes to learning improve in and around the school.
Wellbeing Ambassadors are established and complement other roles within the school and allow peer to peer support improve wellbeing.
A nurture hub supports children with their SEMH needs as and when required.
The completed Raising Attainment with Wellbeing course enables all staff to understand potential meanings around certain displayed behaviours.
An established Emotional Coaching environment supports wellbeing across the school for staff and pupils.
Pre-School staff are highly effective at identifying the typical development and characteristics of learning of the different ages within the setting. This includes the pupil’s emotional and physical dependence on adults.
The school was last inspected by Ofsted Section 5 Inspection on 8th and 9th May 2019 and was judged as Good.
To further improve: