Dear Year 6 Parents and Carers,
As your children approach their final year of Primary School, we are sure they are excited for all the fun it will bring – even if you are terrified of your babies going to secondary school. We wanted to communicate with you our school plan for this last year at school so you are prepared and aware of key dates in case you need any time off work.
The following events will take place in school and be organised by the staff:
· Monday 10th October – Thursday 20th October: Bikeability as timetabled.
· Monday 26th June – Wednesday 28th June: Residential (a change of dates to ensure we had accommodation)
· Monday 17th July: Year 6 Production 9.30am to Parents and 6pm to Parents
· Wednesday 19th July: Year 6 Parent Picnic (12.30pm) followed by Leavers Service (1.30pm).
· Thursday 20th July: Year 6 Celebration day – Pupils only. This will be a fun day for the children and we will ask all parents for a contribution towards this. We will hire inflatables and have a fun day together, with time for shirts to be signed – an important rite of passage for all Year 6.
The PTA will be providing the end of year leaver’s hoodie and an autograph book for each child.
In the past, there has been some confusion over the Year 6 Leaver’s Prom - as a school, this is not something we organise. However, if you would like to organise one for the year group, you are very welcome to do so. You may use the school hall for an evening should you wish but this cannot be the last week of term as unfortunately the school is extremely busy.
We look forward to all these celebration as the year progresses.
Year 6 Barming Primary Team