Welcome to Year 6!
In Year 6 we have two classes - Russet and Sunrise Class.
In Russet class the teacher is Mrs Rathbone and the teaching assistant is Mrs Simmonds.
In Sunrise class the teacher is Mr Bradnam and the teaching assistant is Mrs Francak.
On a Thursday morning Russet class are taught by Mrs Ingram and Sunrise are taught by Mr Perry.
Both classes also share the teaching assistant Mrs Francak in the afternoon.
Continue your learning at home by following these links:
Click on the links below to download our termly newsletters:
When it is appropriate, we will place a Maths Challenge on here on a Wednesday. We will then discuss the answer on a Friday.
Can you design a poster to tell people about calculating with fractions?
Top Tips for Transition to Secondary School
Some Secondary School teachers are sending through tips to help you with the transition to Secondary School. When we receive them we will share them with you on here:
1. Start thinking about how you can be independent at home. For example, making your own lunch, putting your clothes away, making your bed.
2. Share with your parents who else is going to your new school.
3. Encourage your child to have somewhere to keep school work and a space to work at for doing homework.
4. If your child has a mobile phone, talk about when it would be appropriate to use it (it is likely they will be allowed to keep it with them all day but not use it in lesson time or breaks) – if they don’t have one, think about whether you are going to provide one. Give them the responsibility for charging their electronic devices when they need to. Internet safety and social media use are always worth talking about.
5. Think about how your child could be more independent. Could they walk to the shop on their own? Could they walk part of the way to school?
6. Teach your child some relaxation techniques to help them cope with any anxieties they may have.
In Term 5 we will be learning about Light (our Science topic) and using this to feed in to other areas of the curriculum where possible. If the children want to bring in anything from home to support this topic that would be greatly appreciated. Our class book this term will be Journey. If you have any topic-related books at home then please do bring them in to share!
Our Maths topics will be:
Revision of various Maths topics
Art: Clay work with sun dials
Music: Creating their own rap
PE: Striking and Fielding; Athletics
PSHE: Puberty and Anti-bullying
Computing: Making our own formulae
Some websites you might find helpful for revising topics for the National Tests: